This Privacy Statement was last updated on 1 February 2023.
This Privacy Statement applies to the website (www.secureism.com), apps and services (“Website”) available from Secureism Limited (“Secureism”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement applies to the information and data collected by Secureism as a controller, including the information collected on our Website or through any other channels. This Privacy Statement describes how we collect, receive, use, store, share, transfer, and process your personal data. It also describes your choices regarding use, as well as your rights of access and correction of your personal data. If you do not agree with the data practices described in this Privacy Statement, you should not use the Website.
Collecting Personal Data
We collect different types of information from you and others, including:
- Information you provide to us when you correspond with us, take part in online discussions, surveys or promotions, speak with a member of our support team or contact us for other reasons. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number and details of the device you use, your username, password and other registration information (where applicable), and records of our discussions, if you contact us or we contact you;
- Information from your device whenever you use our Website which might include (i) technical information such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your log in information (where applicable), the browser type and version, and so on; and (ii) information about your visit, including the links you have clicked on, through and from our Website (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling and clicks), and methods used to browse away from the page; and
- Information from third parties such as partners who help us to provide our services.
How we will use information about you
We use the information we collect only in compliance with this Privacy Statement.
We do not sell your Personal Information to any third party.
In addition to the uses identified elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, we may use your personal data to:
- provide our services to you;
- keep our services up and running;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the Website and to improve our service;
- send information or Secureism content to you which we think may be of interest to you by email, or other means and send you marketing communications relating to our business;
- promote our services to you and share promotional and information content with you in accordance with your communication preferences;
- contact you about account management and other administrative matters (where applicable);
- investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse; and
- meet legal requirements.
Processing Your Personal Data
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect personal data from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you.
If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If we process special categories of personal data about you, we will also ensure that one of the grounds for processing special categories of personal data applies.
Automated decision-making takes place when an electronic system uses personal data to make a decision without human intervention. We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
We may need to share your personal data with:
- Secureism group of companies – we may share your personal data within the Secureism group of companies in order to provide you with the best service.
- Suppliers – we may need to share your personal data with our suppliers in order to provide our services to you.
- Partners – we may share your personal data with our partners in order to provide you with certain services you have asked us for. We will only share your personal data in this way if you have asked for the relevant service. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by email at [email protected]. However, this may affect your ability to continue to use those services. Our partners will have their own privacy notice explaining how they use your personal data. It is important that you read those privacy notices as well.
We may also need to share your personal data with other third-party organisations:
- if we have to do so under any law or regulation;
- if we sell our business;
- in connection with criminal or fraud investigations;
- to enforce our rights (and those of others); or
- in connection with legal claims.
We share your personal data within Secureism and its group companies. This may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We will only transfer your personal data to countries which are recognised as providing an adequate level of legal protection or where we can be satisfied that alternative arrangements are in place to protect your privacy rights such as our entering into standard European Commission approved data protection contracts. Appropriate technical safeguards are applied to protect personal data.
Security and Confidentiality
We use industry standard security measures to protect your information and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of any information in our control. All Secureism personnel are subject to strict confidentiality obligations. However, as effective as modern security practices are, no security system is entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Retention of Personal Data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available by contacting us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data – see ‘Your rights’ section below.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Under certain circumstances you may:
- Request access to copies of the personal data we hold about you and further information in relation to its processing, or else request that such information be supplemented, updated or rectified.
- Request erasure, anonymisation or blocking of your personal data that is processed in breach of the law.
- Object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal data. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal data; if that is the case, we’ll let you know why.
- Withdraw your consent – when personal data is processed on the basis of consent you may withdraw consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal. In the event that you no longer want to receive any marketing material from us, please use the unsubscribe option (which is in all of our marketing emails to you), or contact us.
You can exercise the above rights by writing to us by email at [email protected]. You will need to provide us with sufficient information to identify you before we can process a request. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Queries and Concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or how we handle your personal data, please contact our Privacy Team by email at [email protected].
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your Personal Data is being processed by Secureism, or how a complaint has been handled by us, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority who can be contacted as follows:
Data Protection Commissioner
Telephone: +353 57 8684800/+353 761 104 800
Email: [email protected]
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement at any time by publishing an updated version here. We will amend the revision date at the top of this Privacy Statement which will be the effective date. We recommend that you review this Privacy Statement regularly.
For details of cookies, we use on the Website, please see separate section on cookies.
Intellectual Property Notice
This Intellectual Property Notice was last updated on 1 February 2023.
Secureism logos and other marks that we use are our trademarks.
You may not use any of these without our prior written permission.
If we believe that your use of our marks violates our rights or this page, or if we feel that your use is not in Secureism’s best interest, we can revoke your right to use our marks at any time.
Using Our Marks
Your use of our marks should not suggest any sponsorship or endorsement by Secureism, and should not confuse our brands with any other brands. You must not do any of the following:
- Combine any of our marks with your name, your marks, or any generic terms;
- Incorporate any of our marks into your name or logo;
- Change the color of our logo;
- Photoshop or otherwise modify our logos;
- Use old versions of our logos;
- Use our sprocket logo as a letter in any word, other than where published by us;
- Add words directly around the logos;
- Overlap our logo with shapes or photos; or
- Associate our marks with any vulgar, obscene, indecent or unlawful material.
You may not create a Twitter handle or other social media account whose username or title could suggest affiliation with or endorsement by Secureism.
You may not use our marks in any advertising creative or copy (digital, social or otherwise).
You may not use a trademark, domain name, or logo that imitates or could be confused with our marks.
If you are looking to use one of our marks or if you become aware of any usage of Secureism marks or brands in violation of this Intellectual Property Notice, then please get in touch with us at [email protected].